Me: “Hey David… I’m making a list of 25 things I want to do before I turn 25. I imagine you’ll be coming along on some of them, so feel free to make some suggestions.”
David: “In that case, I want to go to Europe.”
And that’s how it started. I’ve seen bloggers do things like this before and I contemplated doing it in college. But 25 seemed like a really good occasion. My 24th birthday isn’t until May 6th, so I’m giving myself a little bit of a head start on this one–14 months instead of 12. I had fun coming up with the list. It’s not full of exotic, life changing things, but the goals cover lots of different areas… home, brain, body, adventure. I’m excited. I’ll be posting as I knock things off the list.
1. Bake cookies for the UMC emergency room.
2. Do a Pure Barre class.
3. Keep a plant alive.
4. Run a 10k.
5. Read 50 books.
6. Tackle a sewing project.
7. Bake 5 different loaves of bread.
8. Become proficient in cursive.
9. Submit an article to a magazine.
10. Go five places I’ve never been (could be a restaurant, could be a country).
11. Go rock climbing.
12. Document our wedding (photo book, scrapbook, something).
13. Purchase a “real camera” (aka not my iPhone) and learn it.
14. Buy some Polaroid 600 film & use it.
15. Go to Tishomingo state park.
16. Learn to crochet–and make something.
17. Make Beef Bourguingon.
18. Go fishing.
19. Get rid of/donate 100 things.
20. See a movie in a drive in movie theatre.
21. Complete 12 months of Project Life.
22. Throw a really fancy dinner party in honor of something kind of random.
23. Send 25 hand written letters.
24. Actually figure out what the deal is with my voter registration.
25. Beat my husband at chess.
David’s thoughts on the final list? “Will you crochet me a hipster beanie? Also, are you gonna be sad when you don’t beat me at chess?” Game on.